Poll of British adults on their participation in cycling.
- One in five British adults (21%) report having cycled in the last week.
- Cycling for leisure (36%) or cycling for exercise (36%) are the reasons for cycling most likely to be reported by British adults.
- 14% of British adults report ever cycling to work: just 3% report cycling to work daily, and 4% report doing so at least once a week.
- Feeling safer / more confident on the road (35%) and clear cycle lanes on the road (34%) are the factors most likely to be reported by British adults who work within their top 3 things that would make cycling to work more appealing to them.
- Of the options tested, British adults who work are most likely to report improving their fitness as a benefit they would get from cycling to work (57%).
Date Published: 10th June 2016
Categories: GB | Public and communities | Social
Client: Cycling UK
ComRes interviewed 2,054 British adults online between 1st and 2nd June 2016. Data were weighted by age, gender, region and socio-economic grade to be representative of all British adults.