Survey of employees with Defined Contribution pensions for Big Society Capital.
- Two in five (40%) employees know little or nothing about their pension.
- Nearly three-quarters (72%) say it is important that they know where the money they put into their pension is invested.
- Fewer than three in ten employees with DC pensions say their employer has consulted them over the investment of their pension funds.
- Nearly half of those surveyed (46%) feel it is important that pensions are invested in organisations that reflect their social and environmental views; this rises to 55% for millennials.
- Two in five employees (39%) say they would be more likely to take up a pension if their employer offer social pension funds, and nearly a third (31%) say they would save more if a social pension is offered to them.
Date Published: 16/02/2017
Categories: Finance | GB | Personal Finance | Public and communities
Client: Big Society Capital
ComRes interviewed 1,500 UK employees with a Defined Contribution (DC) pension between 21st December 2016 and 3rd January 2017.