“For some, I am a cliché. An American in Paris. But I didn’t arrive to the City of Lights—where I would build, grow, and eventually sell my own insights agency—by chance. I arrived because of ESOMAR.
It is thanks to ESOMAR’s unmatched ability to connect and nurture insights professionals that my life profoundly changed.
And that opportunity represents a debt I owe to this association, and to the industry at large.
While ESOMAR may have been through its share of trials in recent months, I have remained in the trenches, fighting to ensure progress was made, and wrongs were righted.
Now, I am here to deploy my knowledge, experience, and passion for this association to ensure we see the evolution that leads to a resilient, formidable organisation, capable of giving the same opportunities to its members that I have been privileged to receive.
Research & Insights have never been more important, and as such we have never had more responsibility to our participants, our clients, and to each other. As President, I pledge to reinfuse the ESOMAR Council with the trust and hope it needs to continue leading us into the next era: to Face the Future.
To do this, I plan to focus my presidency around four key pillars:
- Reconnect – bringing us together not just as professionals, but as peers striving towards the same goals, across industries
- Reimagine – allowing us to envision a new future where the innovation of our work shines, and insights is a fully integrated and invaluable part of the world at large
- Re-energise – highlighting our passions, and a #PoweredByPeers ethos that is rooted in service
- Restore – showcasing ESOMAR as a beacon of ethics and professional growth for all insights professionals working in any industry
My story could be anyone’s story, so I’m calling on all ESOMAR members to reunite and stand together with me at the forefront of the future of insights. Together, we will Face the Future and craft possibilities for a brighter tomorrow.
Thank you in advance for your support.”
Nikki’s recent impact examples include:
- “Attracting and Amplifying Women’s Leadership in Market Research” at IIeX APAC Bangkok
- “The Rise of UX” at Danish Market Research Day, Copenhagen
- “Ethics in Research” at EPIC PEOPLE
- “The Rise of UX” for MRA Lagos
- The UX Factor – Greenbook Expert Channel
- The Consumer Insight Podcast Nuggets of Truth: Making More Human-Centric Decisions
- WiRe, Investing in Research
- How Sh*t Gets Made – a podcast by MindSpark Research
- Masterclass: How to use interactive whiteboards to better engage participants, colleagues and stakeholders
- SparkSummit 2021
- Workshop at the Australian Research Society 2021 Conference
- Agile Research 2021
- CEO Series with Lenny Murphy: Nikki Lavoie
- Is co-opetition the future of business?
- How did you get there? By Significant Insights
- Insight from the Insight250 winners: Innovating to deliver to enterprises
- Qualitative Research is Product Management, Feedback Loop
- Rock n’ Roll Research Podcast
- Lead the Change – SparkSummit
- Understanding Agile Research
- ESOMAR Insights Festival 2020 Fringe: Diversity Workshop
- ESOMAR Insights Festival 2020: Research for all
- [Fr] Recherche utilisateur, la pratique international masterclass
2019 and earlier
- Qualitative Research and Creating a Connection (2019)
- The “Why” Webinar with Market Research Pros (2018)
- Talent finds new outlet (2017)
- Connecting with consumers: a new way of plugging in (2016)
- Locavores and Fish in New Ponds: A discussion on expats as researchers (p20, 2015)
- Speaking the language of Research (2015)
- We need to make market research more sexy (2014)
- How cultural differences affect approaches to qual (2014)
Nikki’s upcoming engagements and appearances:
- “Looking Back to Look Ahead” at IIeX Amsterdam in March
- ESOMAR LATAM, Mexico
- EXOMAR Congress, Amsterdam
- ESOMAR APAC, Singapore
- Insight250 2022 – Global Innovator and Leadership Award
- Insight250 2021 – Global Innovator and Leadership Award
- Research & Equitable Leadership (REEL) List 2020
- Vice President of the ESOMAR Council (2021 – present)
- Member of the ESOMAR Council (2019-2021)
- Member of ESOMAR (2010 – present)
- Member of the Board of the AQR (Association of Qualitative Research) (2016 – 2021)
- Member of WIRe (Women in Research)