Survey of London businesses
- The majority of respondents say that before the COVID-19 pandemic, their organisation was either primarily based on working from home (38%) or office-based (34%).
- Among those where working from home is an option, just 9% do not expect employees will work from home under normal circumstances. Four in five (83%) expect employees to work from home at least once a week.
- Among those where working from home is an option, and were primarily office-based before the pandemic, 10% do not expect working from home among normal circumstances, but 78% expect employees to work from home at least once a week.
- This is most commonly 2 or 3 days a week (20% each), but almost a fifth of this group (18%) say that, once COVID-19 restrictions have been fully lifted for several months, they expect employees to work from home 5 days a week.
- Among organisations that are work-place based and closed their work-place, more than two fifths (44%) said that employees were concerned about the risk of contracting COVID-19, either when commuting (32%) or in the workplace (30%).
Date Published: 21/06/2021
Categories: Business | London | Professionals
Client: London Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Savanta ComRes interviewed 520 London business leaders online between 28th April and 6th June 2021. Data were weighted to be representative of all London business leaders by size and broad industry sector. Savanta ComRes is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules.