A survey of GB adults and their views on the Royals and Meghan Markle.
- Two in five British adults agree that Meghan Markle behaves hypocritically by saying one thing publicly about issues like the environment then behaving differently (39%).
- Approaching three in five British adults agree that it is appropriate for the Royal Family to comment on issues like the environment (57%) compared to one in ten who say they disagree (10%).
- By a ratio of two to one, British adults agree that the media generally treats Meghan Markle unfairly (40% agree vs 20% disagree). However, only one quarter of British adults agree that much of the media criticism of Meghan Markle is driven by racism (27%).
- Approaching half of British adults agree that they personally prefer Kate Middleton to Meghan Markle (44%) compared to one in ten who say they disagree (11%).
- Three in ten British adults say that overall, Meghan Markle has been good for the Royal Family (30%), compared to one quarter who disagree (25%).
- One quarter of British adults agree that Prince Harry and Meghan Markle would be better to move to Los Angeles (23%) compared to three in ten who disagree (30%).
Date Published: 25/10/2019
Categories: GB | Public and communities | Social
Savanta ComRes surveyed 2,016 British adults on 6th – 8th September 2019. Data were weighted to be demographically representative of all GB adults. Savanta ComRes is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules.