Survey on work parties, team building away days and children’s birthday parties.
- Two thirds of British adults (67%) believe work parties are a good way for employers to reward their staff.
- 17% believe that music is the essential ingredient that makes a party really memorable.
- Around 70% who said they like to be rewarded with a work party were female, compared with 64% of males.
- Younger workers in the millennial age bracket are most appreciative of a good party, with 73% of employees aged between 18-34 voting for a work party compared to 64% in the 55+ age bracket.
- 55% think that socialising with colleagues is an important part of working life and is related to performance.
- Among the millennial age group 72% of workers agreed socialising with colleagues helps them perform better at work, dropping to 45% for other working age groups.
Date Published: 09/08/18
Categories: Business | GB | Public and communities
ComRes interviewed 2,014 British adults between the 29th June and 1st July 2018. Data were weighted to be demographically representative of all GB adults. ComRes is a member of the British Polling Council and abides by its rules.