We are extremely pleased to announce that Savanta has won Employer Initiative of the Year at the InsideOut Mental Health Awards 2021.
Up against the likes of Disney, Legal & General, South Eastern and Tideway, Savanta swooped in for the win of the SME title.
The entry for the award detailed initiatives that were launched by Savanta’s Health and Wellbeing Committee. Savanta acknowledges how mental wellbeing is affected by factors such as diet, physical activity and environment. The initiatives covered a range of wellbeing areas, inlcuding:
- Fitness clubs including yoga, running, football, netball and book club
- Fundraisers, such as poker nights, where the proceeds went to MIND
- Having dogs in the office based on research that animals lower stress levels
- Shared mental health experiences from a range of employees
- Health and Fitness week, where a personal trainer and wellbeing advisor led some practical classes as well as advice on general wellbeing and diet
- A walking challenge that saw groups of employees teaming up to compete for the most steps
- Well-being posters displayed around the office and emails sent company wide with tips
- Supply of fruit and nuts in the office
Commenting on the achievement Roger Perowne, Savanta’s Global CEO said, “ We are delighted with this award and very proud of the accomplishments of our Health and Wellbeing Committee. Savanta takes pride in being a company who makes everyone feel welcome and part of the family.”