Savanta’s recommendations to UK Power Networks supported a well-researched and inclusive business plan
In November 2020, Savanta was engaged by UK Power Networks (one of the UK’s electricity Distribution Network Operators (DNO)) to achieve three objectives to support the development of its next Business Plan:
- Provide UK Power Networks with a plan and approach to ensure it meets regulatory requirements on customer engagement that makes best use of work completed to date and which prioritises pragmatism in terms of the timing.
- Partner in building an ‘engagement map’ to navigate the complexities of the regulatory requirements on research, the complex web of audiences and provide the basis to build a compelling engagement narrative to support UK Power Network’s draft and final plan submissions.
- Deliver a forward research and engagement plan to UK Power Networks and support its future delivery.
In order to achieve this, Savanta conducted a consultancy programme with UK Power Networks that involved:
- Reviewing the overview of all work completed to date (coverage, audiences and approaches) and a targeted review of specific scopes of work and outputs for selection of the work.
- Reviewing the current prioritisation of expectations for research and engagement activity to help UK Power Networks best achieve its requirements to the regulator.
- Interviewing key members of staff on UK Power Networks current approach to research and engagement.
Ultimately, Savanta’s recommendations to UK Power Networks supported a well-researched and inclusive business plan, that put the views of customers and stakeholders at the heart of decision making.